Sunday, December 18, 2011

Brown paper packages tied up with strings

Yep, you smarty pants guessed it. I'm here to share a few of my favorite things. Well, for this festive season, anyway. Because could there be a better way to jump back into blogging than to bore you all with the junk I heart? ... Didn't think so!

So here I am. Back again like Slim Shady. I'd love to say I've been MIA because I was chosen for some fantastic reality TV series that I was flown to Maui to film. Or that I won the lottery and had to figure out how to divvy up the money. (Your check is in the mail, trust me). But in lame fact, I had just been lost in a nightmare of graduate study homework and continuous home-showing cleaning (yup, it's still for sale - bummer). So, I've decided to catch a breather, gear up for the holidays and share some of the great finds, fun decorations and silly purchases we've made this season. Some simply for the exclusive fact that they will make our son smile. ...Such as these fancy Elmo PJ's for Brian.


Real nice, Clark. And just $17 at my favorite late-night hangout, Target. "Elbow" is Mac's main squeeze right now. And look - they indeed made him smile! ...And even drool a little. That's amore.


So I thought it would be funny to tease Roxy with something soft and feathery, just far enough out of reach for her to contemplate pouncing each day. Thus, this purchase of a $3.95 ornament was made @ Kohl's. PLUS I had a 20% off coupon. I could have made this myself, but I'm lazy and can't imagine I would have spent less than $4. And as of today, it is still intact.


Since I have not used some of my typically birthday-only trimmings, I matched some teal ribbon with pink and red paper, and found a new love affair. This one is for Aunt Lulu, from H&M. She picked it out; I want to steal. Should have let you see it before wrapping! 


Outside lights shout, "I swear I'm no scrooge!" no matter how many times your neighbors hear you yelling at the dog. Or your husband. Or your child. Or your old computer. And I love the candy cane feel of both white and red lights. Notice I'm too lazy to place lights anywhere above waist-level.


Old-school ornament. Or at least from when I was in college. Super sad that this reminds me I joined a sorority in 1997. I'm ancient, yo. Can I get a nice round of "A-oh, A-oh, the only way to go!" please? Word to your sista.


And since we're reminiscing, might as well add in a shot of one of the most awesome gifts Brian and I have ever received. Nearly makes me tear up. Who doesn't want an illuminated glass block that is a constant reminder of only the BEST days of your life?


OK, so to round things out, here's my own take of "Brown paper packages tied up with strings." I shared this on FacePlace last week, but it's just too cute to not repost here. It's fun and wintry without being too overtly Christmasy. I likey a lotty.


Owl paper found at World Market; Ribbon at Old Time Pottery. I'm down with OTP, yeah you know me.

So I lied. One final photo then I promise I'm done. I think this may be my most favorite thing. ...Our mini-maid, cleaning the floor with his wipes. Only my child.

1 comment: